Kevin James Ltd processes the personal data of its customers in order to communicate, deliver and improve services. The Data Protection Act 1998 dictates that any personal or business data we collect and hold about you has to be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully
- Used only for the purposes we tell you about when you give it to us
- Accurate, relevant and not excessive
- Kept secure and not kept any longer than necessary
- Not shared with anyone else unless you have given your consent, or we are required to do so by law
The Data Protection Act also gives you the right to view any information that we hold about you. You can do so by contacting us in writing and providing full personal details and proof of your identity such as a driving licence or passport.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act, when processing data we will:
- Use personal and private information in the most efficient and effective way possible to deliver services. This includes collecting only the information we need.
- Take the least intrusive approach possible. Where services can be delivered or improved without affecting personal privacy they will be.
- Securely destroy information which is no longer needed and ensure that we do not to keep information for longer than is necessary.
- Only use personal information legally and for the purposes that we tell you about when you give it to us. We will respect your rights under data protection act.
- Only share information with third parties when you have given us your permission or if we are required to so by law.
- Check and correct inaccurate information as soon this is brought to our attention
- Take appropriate measures against unauthorised or unlawful use, accidental loss, damage to data and information.
- Give you to access your personal data when you ask for it and keep you informed about your rights under the Data Protection Act.
- Provide guidance for staff and external contractors to make sure that we always work within the guidance of the Data Protection Act.
Queries or Complaints
If you have any concerns or feel that we have not complied with the Data Protection Act, please contact us using our contact form or by calling us on +44(0)845 524 0100.
If you aren’t happy with our response, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office which oversees and enforces the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK. You will need to show them that you have given us the opportunity to put things right before you make your complaint to them.
Please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office for more information.